Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Evernote

There was a request that I write about Evernote.  For those of you that don't know, Evernote is a cross platform app/program/website that allows you to save anything (all types of files, websites, images) in one place so you can access them anywhere - there are smart phone apps as well as a website.  You can organize your stuff by folders and tags so you can find what you want again.

I've been trying to write about it for a while, but haven't figured out what to say.  I use it, but not to its full potential, so I've been having trouble figuring out what to say.  Then I ran across this blog that does a MUCH better job than I could, so here's the link:  evernote for education blog

If you would like me to add the evernote app to the iPads so you can encourage students to use it, just let me know.

There are a couple other non-iPad things I'd like to share.  If there is something iPad related apps that you'd like me write about just let me know.  Otherwise, the next topic will be social bookmarking. (Coming soon!)

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to actually see/play with Evernote. I looked at the link, but it was overwhelming.

    Is Evernote a place to store a combination of social bookmarks, favourites on the computer and word processing files? Is it kind of like on online USB stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of like an online usb stick, yes!
      I think you should try it. I like that there is an app and a website.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete